Monday, March 21, 2016

Korean Beef Rice Bowls

Korean Beef Rice Bowls – a quick and easy meal, loaded with flavor for under 400 calories,

Here’s an easy weeknight Korean inspired dish you can whip up in about 20 minutes! 

I came up with this rice bowl the other night and they tasted so DANG good I new I had to share.  I used to work 2 blocks away from Koreatown when I worked full-time in Manhattan and loved having lunch with co-workers in nearby restaurants. Since then, Korean food is becoming really popular with Korean restaurants popping up everywhere. Unfortunately not as popular here in Long Island (yet) so if I don’t want to travel all the way to Manhattan I cook it myself. 

One essential ingredient you will need is Gochujong sauce. It’s a Korean condiment that’s a little spicy and sweet, and has very distinct flavor only found in Korean cuisine. It also comes in a paste which requires you to thin it down. I use Annie Chun’s Gochujong Sauce since it’s available in my local supermarket and it’s ready-to-use, or buy it on Amazon!

And I’m obsessed with frozen brown rice from Trader Joe’s! It takes 3 minutes to heat up and the texture is perfect! If you live near a TJ’s, it’s a must!


Korean Beef Rice Bowls – a quick and easy meal, loaded with flavor for under 400 calories,


Click Here To See The Full Recipe…

from Tumblr http://vincentpennington.tumblr.com/post/141437224404

No comments:

Post a Comment