Monday, February 15, 2016

Puerto Rican Style Beans

Quick Puerto Rican Style Beans – ready in about 25 minutes!

My husband’s FAVORITE meal is rice and beans. I don’t make them as often as he would like, so this was his Valentine’s Day dinner request with breaded pork cutlets (I will share that recipe tomorrow).

This is my quick version of Puerto Rican style beans, which I make with either pink or red canned beans and diced potatoes, perfect when you need a quick side.  I originally posted this back in 2009 (original photo below made with pink beans) and took the opportunity to reshoot.

We serve it over white rice but it’s also great over brown as a side dish to chicken, pork chops or steak. You can easily make it a meatless main dish, served over rice with avocado (and some hot sauce!) and call it a meal.

I usually have sofrito in my freezer, I make big batches of it for beans and other dishes. Here I scaled it down to make an exact amount, but if you have your own homemade I use ¼ cup.



Click Here To See The Full Recipe…

from Tumblr http://vincentpennington.tumblr.com/post/139356351159

No comments:

Post a Comment