Friday, February 19, 2016

Jamaican Coconut Shrimp Stew

Jamaican Coconut Shrimp Stew – a quick, light and spicy shrimp dish simmered in coconut milk. Smart Points: 4 Calories: 182


A quick, light and spicy shrimp dish simmered in coconut milk, inspired by my trip to Ochos Rios, Jamaica.

I’ve always been a fan of Jamaican food, so when I went there on vacation, I made it my business to eat as much of they local food as possible. There was a cooking demo one of the days while I was there and they made this really simple dish which I’ve recreated here. Beware, the Scotch Bonnet pepper is VERY hot. This tiny little pepper packs a lot of heat, I used only ¼ of the pepper with the seeds and membranes removed and it was still spicy, but not too much that I couldn’t eat it. If you like spicy food feel free to add more.

Warning, wear gloves while handling the pepper to avoid burning your fingers, or accidentally touching your moth or eyes.

Jamaican Coconut Shrimp Stew – a quick, light and spicy shrimp dish simmered in coconut milk. Smart Points: 4 Calories: 182

Click Here To See The Full Recipe…

from Tumblr http://vincentpennington.tumblr.com/post/139616050049

No comments:

Post a Comment