Sunday, January 24, 2016

Beef, Tomato and Acini di Pepe Soup (Instant Pot, Slow Cooker + Stove Top)

Beef, Tomato and Acini di Pepe Soup (Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker + Stove Top Directions) – this soup is COMFORT in a bowl! Kid-friendly and freezer-friendly! Weight Watchers Smart Points: 5 • Calories: 249

My family DEVOURED this delicious bowl of soup made with ground beef, tomatoes, and tiny pasta. It’s warm and comforting, like a great big hug on a cold winter day.

Beef, Tomato and Acini di Pepe Soup (Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker + Stove Top Directions) – this soup is COMFORT in a bowl! Kid-friendly and freezer-friendly! Weight Watchers Smart Points: 5 • Calories: 249

I was snowed in yesterday, which meant soup day. It also gave me an opportunity to make this AMAZING soup that’s been on my mind since I tried something similar from a small deli who called it Grandma’s Soup. I loved how the bits of meat tasted almost like meatballs, without having to do the extra work.

Tommy and my oldest Karina topped theirs with shredded mozzarella and grated Pecorino Romano with a slice of crusty toasted bread (they called it pizza soup). I had mine topped with grated Pecorino Romano, which is completely optional but SO worth it! Madison who’s six complained about the chunks of tomatoes (kids!) so if you have picky kids using crushed tomatoes would work too.

I decided to do this in my  Instant Pot (a multi-cooker that does the job of a slow cooker, electric pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, sauté/browning pan, and warming pot all in one) because I love the saute feature and how quick it cooks, but you can also make this on the stove, conventional pressure cooker or slow cooker – I’ve included directions below for all!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe…

from Tumblr http://vincentpennington.tumblr.com/post/137964726329

No comments:

Post a Comment