Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The Best Advice for Training for Your First Half Marathon

asian chinese sporty running woman working out running outdoors along urban city harbor sidewalk morning

I’m training for my first half marathon, and quite frankly, it’s challenging. I ran cross country in middle school and high school, and I’ve competed in 5K races as an adult, but this distance is a completely different challenge for me. Because of my lifelong on-again off-again relationship with running (I didn’t necessarily enjoy all those years of cross country), I’m comfortable with a 5K. I have a good understanding of how far that is and how my body works during those 3.1 miles. I know when to push myself and when to relax. But when it comes to 13.1 miles, everything I thought I knew …

The post The Best Advice for Training for Your First Half Marathon appeared first on Fit Bottomed Girls.


from Tumblr http://vincentpennington.tumblr.com/post/145202875969

No comments:

Post a Comment